While paintball may be one of the most exciting sports of all time, it can be dangerous if you don’t know how to follow the basic rules of safety. Even if you’re going to play in your own backyard you still want to set up some basic rules in order to ensure the safety of everyone playing.
However, if you’re playing at your local field or even at a scenario then you probably want to read up on the rules before you go. If you don’t learn the rules though you can be sure they will still tell you when you go to play. You will also be required to sign a waiver before you’re allowed to play. If you’re under the age of 18 then be prepared to have a parent or legal guardian sign the waiver for you. Unfortunately, most fields don’t allow kids under the age of 10 to play (it’s because they will probably cry).
Here is some of the most basic paintball rules below:
- Paintball masks must be worn at all time when on the field. This is to keep anyone from getting shot in the eye or from accidentally swallowing a paintball. Ouch!
- Barrel covers must remain on marker at all times when off the field. Just a simple safety precaution to prevent you from accidentally firing the marker when off the field.
- Make sure to listen to the referee at all times. Refs are there to keep you safe and only want you to have a good time.
- Maximum velocity of 280 FPS. Some field may allow up to 300 FPS but these fields are becoming less and less prevalent.
- No playing while under the influence of any substance whatsoever. This means no alcohol and especially NO drugs.
- No talking when dead. I like to call this rule Dead Man Tell No Tales, but it has many other names as well.
- Laser sights are prohibited due to players getting blinded in the eye.
- No bunkering is allowed except for on certain speedball fields. This is to prevent new players from getting shot point blank.
- No climbing on top of bunkers or any other obstacle (either man-made or nature) on the field.
- No unsportsmanlike conduct allowed, paintball is only meant to be played for fun.
- No blind firing allowed. Not only is it unfair, but it’s also dangerous.
- Appropriate clothing must be worn at all times.
- Make sure to yell loudly when you’re eliminated. No need for you to get shot again once you’re already out.
- Not all types of paintballs are allowed, especially those with red filled paint.
- No cheating, this should be self-explanatory.
- No going out of boundaries. Anyone who’s ever played a video game before should be able to understand this rule.
Now every field is different and some even have rules that we haven’t listed above. No matter what the rules are, make sure to practice being safe at all times. Paintball is a game that’s meant to be played for fun so don’t forget to be careful in order to not risk the safety of others.